September 28, 2015

Clarisonic Mia 2 Review

Well, I'm back!
I know I said I was going to do fall makeup look but my skin has been breaking out so bad for the last 2 weeks that I didn't even bother wearing makeup not to irritate it more.
And the reason for all the break outs is because I gave another chance to my Clarisonic brush. 
I got my Clarisonic Mia 2 about 2 years ago for Christmas. 

My skin doesn't have acne of any kind of serious issues, just hormonal blemishes here and there. But my main issue is these small bumps that turn into blemishes eventually. And they give my skin texture and cannot be covered with any makeup. Plus, the hormonal blemishes would stick around for a long time and leave redness under the skin for about a MONTH!  

So I looked through the booklet that came with the brush and started using it. It said, your skin needs to get worse to get better and this whole "worse" stage will last for about 2-3 weeks. Well, I thought okay I can go for 2 weeks with spots here and there. But oh my how surprised I was when my skin started to have ACNE! And on top of reading negative reviews about the brush I got scared and stopped using it 1 week in. Than on and off I've been giving it a try and same situation would happen and I would stop using it.
Anyway, for the last 6 months I haven't used it and decided to actually research about it a little more. And what I found out is that this whole breakout stage can last for about 3 months! depending on how bad your skin is, but you're supposed to keep using your brush and not give up. Well, that was a shocker to me and realization point of why it never "worked" for me.

So 2 weeks ago I decided to give it another last try and actually stick to it for 6 months and see what happens. 
As of now, 2 weeks in my skin has been breaking out REALLY bad but yesterday I actually noticed the spots going away and my skin is not as oily as it used to be. I see that as a good sign and will definitely continue to use my Clarisonic to see if my skin actually improves. 
Oh, and I use the sensitive brush.

By the way here is what mine looks like, I didn't feel like taking a photo of it. So here is a pic from online
Clarisonic Clarisonic Mia 2 Sonic Skin Cleansing System Facial Brush - Pink
P.S. Some time later I will write an update to this post, with results.

No comments:

Post a Comment